Hey, It's Jade! and family

Monday, November 22, 2010

Busy is as Busy does, or something like that...

I promise I won't always post reviews and contest-ish type things in such abundance.  I just had a string of reviews to do lately, and I'm trying to weed through them and get 'em all taken care of... so it probably looks like a lot all at once.  You should see the stack of paperwork and things I have on my to-do list.  No, wait, I bet your to-do list is as long as mine.  It may not be reviews or products to test, but I'm sure you're busy with something in addition to your every day life/work/family.  I think we are a society that heaps stuff on our own plates for no other reason than we LIKE to be able to complain about how busy we are.  It seems that way sometimes anyway.  

I recently ran across a site that had links leading to hundreds of homeschool blogs... I probably subscribed to at least 25-30 of them because I looked over 'em and found SOMETHING about them that interested me.  I had to completely re-do my GoogleReader so that I could keep my homeschool, coupon/deal and friends' blogs separate.  I mean, I spent a whole day organizing my RSS feeds.  Now every day I have three sets of blogs to be sorted through and read.  Why?  Because I can.  Because I am a bit obsessed with getting ideas for lessons and crafts and unit studies.  Just as I am a bit obsessed with couponing and getting free stuff.  I am thankful for things like RSS feeds so that I don't have to go to each of those sites individually, but it also makes it a lot easier to keep busy.  And Lord knows we don't need easier ways to be busy! 

No comments: