Hey, It's Jade! and family

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Overwhelming Inspiration...

I love Google Reader.  I spent a whole day recently organizing my RSS feeds.  Why did it take me a whole day?  Because I'm crazy and subscribe to WAYYYY too many blogs.  That's why.  But, I love reading blogs.  Well, some blogs.  Certain blogs that inspire me, or inform me or entertain me.  I have three different sets of blogs in my feed: Deal Blogs, Homeschool Blogs and Friend Blogs.  

I'm not really subscribed to that many "Friend Blogs" so those are easy to keep on top of.  The Deal Blogs are updated constantly all day long, so they are never-ending.  The Homeschool Blogs are each usually updated once a day or every other day, so there aren't as many filling up my feed, but these are the ones I spend more time on.  These are the ones I have to find time to sit and read through.  They are inspiring.  And completely overwhelming!  I find myself in awe of these moms who are so amazing at doing what they do - y'know, being a mom!  I don't know how they do it.  I have two kids.  These moms average 5 or so.  They keep their house in tip-top shape, they cook amazing meals every day, they school, play and take care of their 5 or so children... and they have time to sit and blog and create things to share with the rest of us.  HOW DO THEY DO IT?!?!?  They have these amazing plans, schedules, ideas, talents and apparently an unending supply of energy and patience.  I am jealous of them.  I rarely have any of those things, let alone any at the same time!

So, I love reading these blogs and gleaning ideas and inspiration from them (and stealing their pre-made worksheets and games), but they also beat me down.  Because they make me look like a bum!  Why can't I think of that stuff?  Why don't I take the time to do that with my kids?  Why am I hoping we can just have Taco Bell for dinner again? Oh, right... because I'm sitting here reading all these blogs instead of actually DOING THINGS!  Duh, Jade!  The only thing that keeps me going is when these Super Moms post blogs admitting that they, too, have off days.  They fail at things.  They don't know what they're doing here and there.  Oh my gosh, they ARE human?  Yay!  What?  Is that mean?  It's just nice to know that I'm not the only one who has to call off school for the day.  The only one who has to call off EVERYTHING for the day!

Isn't it bizarre you can feel so connected to and interested in people you've never met in your life, and probably never will?  You've never met them, but you can totally look into their lives, take from their experiences, get encouragement from their highs (and lows!) and just generally be "friends."  Oh, sweet World Wide Web... what would I do without you? [Answer: I'd probably have a house that is much cleaner, children who have more attention paid to them, more time to figure out a meal plan, etc...]

No comments: