Hey, It's Jade! and family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What I Say, What They Hear...

Me to Preston: You play in your room quietly while I take a shower (thinking: and get a break from you!).
What Preston hears: Come in the bathroom every two minutes to ask completely random questions.

Me to Callen: Good nite, baby, sleep allllll nite long!
What Callen hears: Wake up every two hours and demand to nurse every time.

Me to Preston: Your brother is sleeping, please play quietly.
What Preston hears: Play as loud as I can, bang and crash every toy I own, sing at the top of my lungs.

Me to Callen: Don't grab the spoon while I'm trying to get the food in your mouth.
What Callen hears: Grab the spoon!  Grab the spoon!  Fling the food off the spoon!

Me to Preston: You have to wait until I'm done feeding Callen to play with your DS, don't ask me again.
What Preston hears: Ask again every two seconds. Now? Now? Now?  Now?

Me to Callen: I'm going to put you down for a minute, don't fuss.
What Callen hears: She's going to put me down and wants me to scream my head off. WAAAAA!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Heh... so true, so true! Loved this!

Jill said...

It's the Michael and Daniel show all over again! ;)