Hey, It's Jade! and family

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Get Outside and Play!

Now, it's been summer here in Texas... forever!  We broke a "hottest summer" record.  Woo hoo?  Blech!  It's been too hot to step foot outdoors and my kids and I are getting stir-crazy!  But, at last... the Fall is coming, the FALL IS COMING!  I am so ready to get out, stretch my legs in the nice, crisp, cool weather and get my kids to burn off some of their energy outside of our home!  I am looking forward to walks, trips to the park, picnics or at least just running around our yard playing ball!  Come on, cool weather, COME ON!!!  I had a good excuse to be lazy during the summer, but no more... cooler weather equals more outdoors time equals more activity for this family!

This Saturday, September 24th, Clorox 2® is sponsoring Nickelodeon's 8th Annual Worldwide Day of Play, challenging families to get outside... and well, PLAY!  Pretty simple idea, huh?  But sometimes we need that extra push, don't we?  Take your kids on a walk, ride bikes, draw on the sidewalk with chalk, play tag or football.  Do something outdoors, away from the tv, computer and video games! Show your kids how important it is stay active, excercise and have fun!

My family and I are going to be walking in the JRDF Walk for a Cure 5K, supporting a sweet family we know that has a daughter with Type 1 Diabetes.  That way, we're not only being active and spending quality time together but also supporting a great cause! And, according to the forecast, it's going to be a perfect day for it! Hooray!

You can go online and make a pledge to take part in the Day of Play, at http://clorox2play2day.com.  You could also score some coupons or even a prize by registering at that link!  Sweet!  I know that when I get outside and have fun running around with my kids I feel like a better mom and a healthier person.  Kids love to run free... don't keep 'em cooped up!  And not just them... parents need to get out there if you can as well! We spend so much time indoors, at our computer, in our office, in our cars... we need some fresh air, grass beneath our feet and wind in our hair to keep us going strong too! Be a good example for your children. So, this Saturday, get out there and challenge your kids to a game of tag or hide and seek! Just get outside and play! 

[Disclaimer: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox2® blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.]

1 comment:

Mary said...

I am SOOOOO ready for fall. I am over summer in Texas. At least it wasn't as bad as last summer or was it the summer before? I don't know, all I know is it was stinking hot. I am so excited that the evening temps are actually in the 60's. Bring on the cold!!!