Hey, It's Jade! and family

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011 Recap...

My goodness, I have a serious Christmas hangover.  I'm not the only one, right?  Geez.

Christmas Eve...
My parents came over, we all went to church for the Christmas Eve Service at Grace Fellowship Church.  It was really good - loved the music!  When we got back home, we ate delicious food like taco chili, my mom's tuna sandwiches (YUM!), Nutella Tarts, brownies, tamales, cheddar bacon dip, and so much more.  Then we got to open presents.  We mostly watched the boys enjoy their gifts.  They got books, clothes including a winter coat for Preston and cute monkey pjs for Callen, a tent/tube thingee to climb around in, a puzzle, a Glow Station and more!  My parents really spoiled those kids!  Michael got a tool and I got a Dutch Oven (yay!). After the kids were in bed (finally!), Michael and I stayed up and watched It's A Wonderful Life.

Christmas Morning...
The boys got to check their stockings, and then peek inside the Santa bags to see what their big gifts were.  Preston got a kid-sized guitar and Callen got a toy box for his room!  Then we headed back up to GFC for the Christmas Morning Service.  It was the exact same program, but the boys and I were helping with the nursery and Michael was helping with the stage.

Christmas Day...

After that, we came back home and gathered things up and went over to Michael's parents' house for lunch and more gifts.  We had the traditional ham and cheese sandwiches and potato chips, along with lots of sweets, of course.  And then, yes... more presents!  We again, mostly watched the boys tear into their haul (again, they were totally spoiled!).  They got more books (lol!), more clothes, a dinosaur, a car, a giant stuffed Scooby Doo, a neat art set and more!  I got some kitchen gadgets (yay, a garlic press!) and Michael received some gift cards to Abuelo's and Lowe's!  And we got a cotton candy maker!  We brought over Michael and Preston's guitars, and along with the piano and the various toy musical instruments they have, the family did some Christmas carols.  Lol.  It was kinda ridiculous.    
We hung out some more, Michael took a nap, the kids played.  Then, as soon as we got in the car to head back home, the boys crashed... we took more naps at home.

When I awoke from my nap, I opened the front door to turn on the Christmas lights and there was a box on the front porch that said "To The Clarks."  Inside were some toy trucks, a duck hunting game, some clothes for Michael and me... and an envelope of cash.  Michael and I just started crying, it was such a blessing.  We don't know where it came from, but thank you, Jesus!  The money is definitely going to help with paying for our car repairs (our car is in the shop right now to get the head gasket and water pump replaced).  We are still just in shock about the whole thing.  God is such an amazing provider!  I know He is.  It's still just such a neat thing to experience it like this!  

Merry Christmas, y'all!

1 comment:

Lindsay-Marie said...

That's amazing! I love reading stories about God's provision like that :)