Hey, It's Jade! and family

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Homeschool Recap, April 27th (Week 30)...

In my life this week...
This week was crazy, ridiculous, out of control.  Monday we took the Kia Soul in to the shop to get the hail damage fixed, and thankfully got a rental so that we could remain a two-car family for the week.  On Tuesday, the kids and I picked up the grandparents from the airport.  They were in town to visit quickly and pick up their belongings and home furnishings, which have been in storage since they left for Michigan in February.  It was a very rushed, busy visit, but the boys enjoyed some time with them for sure!  On Wednesday, I kicked off my preschool book fair in East Dallas, which took place on Thursday and Friday as well.  I also worked Power FM's Share-A-Thon on Wednesday and Friday, and added in an evening book party on Friday too.  On Friday, I was out of the house from 7:30am until 10:30pm!  Whoa.  I'm glad all that business is over!  Whew.  It was fun, but man... I'm not used to that much going, going, going anymore!  And a giant thanks to my mom and husband for watching the kids so much the past few weeks while I've been busy with Usborne things.  I am about to have met my April goal and am working towards meeting my May goal, to earn that iPad3!!!  So excited!

Needless to say, our homeschooling this week was extremely light!

In our Homeschool this week...
Tot School: Callen sings little songs and is starting to hold conversation.  He loves pointing out things and stating their names or characteristics, like "blue!" "red!" "bus!" etc.

Bible: Preston and I went over Proverbs 10:1, "A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son brings grief to his mother."  We also went over the parable of the Lost Son, the Blind Man, Zacchaeus and the Last Supper.

Reading/Writing: Preston has been reading aloud to his brother a lot again lately.  LOVE THAT! 

Math: Worked adding and subtracting three-digit numbers this week, and he FINISHED the Complete Book of Math!

Science:  This week's science from book Science with Plants was about how flowers and trees.

Music/Art: Our hymn this week was still "Eternal Father, Strong to Save."

Spanish: This week we went over days of the week and months of the year.  Very briefly, so those need more work. 

We are using My Father's World First Grade. See our curriculum here.

Blog Hoppin' with:
The Homeschool Mother's Journal Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers 

1 comment:

Mary said...

You haven't had much luck with vehicles lately have you? So sorry! Glad to hear your book business is going well.

:)