Hey, It's Jade! and family

Monday, July 15, 2013

On a Mission Again... this time with Zumba!

Ok, while I was at convention a few weeks back, one of my teammates was snapping pictures like crazy and I got a good look at some of them I was in.  Um, holy cow.  Literally.  I dunno how it happens, how I don't SEE it happening.  I knew I wasn't losing weight, and I knew my clothes were fitting tighter than they should, but all of a sudden, I realized that I am creeping closer and closer to my top weight again.  Not what I'm shooting for, c'mon!  I'm embarrassed.  I don't know how I let myself get to this point.  Ugh.

In 2008-2009, I was able to successfully lose 75 pounds through Weight Watchers.  I watched every bite I took, was walking the neighborhood for exercise, and I lost that weight in just over a year (like, 53 weeks, I think it was).  My goal was to lose that weight so we could have another baby (Callen).  Well, we want to have another baby soon, and I certainly can't gain baby weight on top of what I am already carrying with me at this time.  So, I've got to do something!!!

Back to counting calories (yay, free apps like My Fitness Pal) and being active.  A few days ago I discovered some Zumba Class videos for beginners.  I tried it, and loved it.  I've done 40 minutes of Zumba for 5 days in a row now, and been trying to stay under my calories (though not being so great at that so far).  I am hoping to make this a habit.  Not just hoping... determined!

And hopefully by posting it here for anyone to see, it'll push me to stick with it.  


1 comment:

Jill said...

Go, Jade, go! :)