Hey, It's Jade! and family

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I don't watch THAT much TV...

Well, the television season finales have come and gone.  And I can mark three shows off my "must watch" list 'cause they are GONE for good!  I know it's ridiculous, but I'm always relieved when the TV season is over.  It's a lot of work trying to keep up with TV now days.  Thankfully I'm able to watch them as I want on the good 'ole internet, so that makes it a little easier.  But, with a 4-yr-old and an almost-3th-old it's difficult to get 47 minutes of peace to watch a show in front of the computer!  Here's my super-quick-'cause-the-kids-are-gonna-wake-up-any-second-take on the shows that I watched this season... (and yes, spoilers are a definite... if you haven't seen it, don't read it! or at least don't get mad at me!)

House

Yeah, I watched about three episodes at the beginning of the season and completely lost interest and quit.  I wanted to see what was gonna happen to House once he was in the loony bin... and since he was out within one episode, not much.  The show instantly fell back into the predictable 'ole thing, plus they even went back to the same 'ole team.  Which, I didn't mind so much, never liked the new team anyway.  So yeah, abandoned a show (that is rare for me!).


Heroes

Heroes is cancelled, so we'll never know what happened after Claire jumped off the ferris wheel.  Or will we?  Heard rumors of a mini-series or something to conclude some storylines.  That might be interesting.  It's been so long since the show was on now that I don't really remember much of this season.  Just one more show to mark off my list!  What I'll miss most about Heroes?  In all honesty... mostly just the eye candy: Peter Patrelli and Sylar...



LOST

The series finale of this show was greatly anticipated by me (and everyone else in the world!).  It hurt my head every week, and I never knew what was going on.  I know I'm not the only one.  I was glad it was going to be finally over and we'd have some answers. 

Only... I didn't feel we got answers at all.  LAME!  I get it, they were dead, but.... but... but... y'know what?  I'm not even gonna bother myself with this show anymore, it's over and done for.  The thing I'll miss most about LOST?  Hurley!



24

Another show I am glad to be rid of.  I love... loved Jack Bauer.  This is not the type of show I would normally watch.  At all.  It's so stinkin' violent!  But one time a few years ago, Michael and I wanted to see what the fuss was about.  We ended up watching season after season on DVD, just one after the other, no sleep!  Then, when I did sleep, I had dreams of fighting terrorists and whatnot.  Haha.  This season was a disappointment to me.  I didn't like what Jack became.  I know he had to 'get justice' and whatnot, but he went over the edge and, after all he's done for the country, lost my respect.  (Yes, I know he's not real!),  It was completely ridiculous how far he broke.

The scene where he attacked President Logan motorcade, geeeeezzzzz, that's not the Jack Bauer I know.  Anyway, it was a good several years, but I had hoped Jack would retire at the end of LAST season.  Oh well.  And I hear there's going to be a 24 movie.  How's that going to work?  What I'll miss most about 24... Chloe!
  This chick is awesome!!!!  Go Chloe O'Brian!


Chuck

We all wondered what would happen once Chuck finally 'knew' how to be a spy.  It's been an interesting ride, and a good, entertaining season.  I love Chuck Bartowski...he's still greatness.  I like that they added Morgan to the 'team' and thank goodness for getting rid of that Kristin Kreuk.  I didn't like her on Smallville, I didn't like her on Chuck...meh.  I'm glad that Captain Awesome & Ellie are aware of what's going on now.  As for the finale, Chuck's MOM?!?!  And what happens now that the Buy More is toast?!?!  I mean, Jeff and Lester will have no home!  Ooh, this oughta be interesting!  Looking forward to seeing Chuck again next round!



Parenthood

My knew favorite show!  Seriously, I didn't watch when it started, but I thought the commercials looked good.  I finally caught up (in one night I watched like 6 episodes, I kid you not, I was that hooked right off the bat!).  It's a great show, full of wonderful characters and great actors.  A friend of mine asked me who my favorite Braverman was... and I couldn't answer, I love them all!!!  Plus, the storylines are very true-to-life and cover all your basic (and not so basic) types of parenting, it's highly relatable!  It's dramatic, but overly soap opera-ish, but it's also funny and smart.  I just really enjoy this show and am sad when the credits roll every time, I want it to keep going!

Apparently, I only like shows that have one-word titles. 

Honorable mentions this season go to Minute To Win It.  Preston really enjoyed watching that show.  And I tuned into a few episodes of Celebrity Apprentice.  It was my first time to ever watch that show, but I was intrigued by Bret Michaels, Sharon Osborne and Cyndi Lauper.  It was pretty entertaining to see celebrities in that way.  I guess I see why that show is (somewhat?) popular.

No comments: