Hey, It's Jade! and family

Thursday, May 27, 2010

She's Gone...



I bought her in April of 2000, after the 'Twister of 2000' killed my previous Honda Civic.  She had about 80 miles on her when I drove out of the dealer lot, and over the next 10 years I managed to rack up over 191,000 more.  In those first years, we spent A LOT of time together on the road...driving from Fort Worth to Denton for school then on to Dallas for work and finally back home to Fort Worth EVERY DAY.  We drove her to Cali once after Michael and I got married.  You would think a 10-year old car would feel like a 10-year old car, but it's a Honda... it was still in fabulous shape.  Had a few dents/dings/one big scrape in the back from the little accident I had November 2008 and the passenger side window motor was out, but other than that... she was still a great car.  She still is... only now she's someone else's great car.  I hope they treat her well.

So, yep, we're a one-car family now.  At least for a while... till we find that perfect mini-van.  Mini-van?!?!?  The two-door coupe just doesn't cut it with two kids in car seats.  Yikes, just call me Soccer Mom!

No comments: