Hey, It's Jade! and family

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A little about why I love Fall...

Most of you have heard me rave and rave about how much I love Fall!  I'm not sure I've ever really expressed why.  I mean, yes, it has to do with the weather finally cooling off (though nearing 90-degrees in November is not unheard of 'round these parts).  And yes, it has to do with the fact that I love the smells and tastes of this season... pumpkin, gingerbread, toasted marshmallows, etc.  And yes, it has to do with the fact that Christmas is just around the corner.  And yes, Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays - nomz!  But mostly, I love Fall because it symbolizes a time when we are supposed to count our blessings, take joy in what God's given us, and be grateful for our bounty. Whatever it is.  Big or small, fancy or frugal, pretty or not... we've all got something to be thankful for.  

My family and I are not in the place we want to be right now.  We are blessed, though.  I have been at home with the boys for about 8 months.  Though money is tight, we've yet to miss paying a single bill (um... thanks to my in-laws for letting us take a few months off from our loan, by the way!), our home is still our home, we are down to one vehicle but we still have a car that fits us just fine, my boys are happy and healthy and smart and adorable, Michael and I love each other and our still best friends as well as husband and wife.  Life is good.  It's not perfect by any means.  I have things I complain about, things I wish would change... I wish Michael could have a better job, I wish his migraines would cease, I wish I could lose 20 pounds, I wish I was a better cook and housekeeper, I wish my 4-yr-old didn't think he was always the boss, I wish, I wish, I wish.  But I know that I have everything I need right here, right now.  The Lord is our provider, and he has given us so much to be thankful for.

A Harvest of Blessings, indeed.
How could I want anything more?
The season of Fall, with its pumpkins and scarecrows and changing, falling leaves... just always serve as a reminder to me how amazing God is, and how incredibly blessed I am to be His child.  Thank you, Jesus... for everything!

No comments: