Hey, It's Jade! and family

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Homeschool Recap, Week 19

All week:
(No daily update since we did the same type of stuff every day this week...)
- Daily devotionals and Bible reading each day.
Reading his devo  & eating an apple.

- We started going over 'sight words'... mostly just because it came up in his Reader Rabbit workbook.  The kid is reading already, it's a little late to teach him to read by recognizing words, he already does that.  But, I figured we could just get through it quickly.  He pretty much looked at me like I was crazy as I was explaining why they're 'sight words' because "duh, mom, I already know how to ACTUALLY READ!"  Haha.  He didn't say that, of course, but I have a feeling he was thinking it.  Anyway, easy stuff there.
Great job at coloring!
- We've talked about continents several times, but we are going over all of them this week in a little more depth.  Using the Usborne Picture Atlas to expand on some things - of course there is A LOT of information in that book, so we're not really going over all of it.  Just trying to give him an idea of what the continents are like.  I am awful at geography, so this stuff is good for me as well!  I'm learning too! 
Finding Africa on the globe.
Reading interesting facts about Africa.
We took a family trip to the library on Tuesday and checked out several continent books.


 - We did several pages of addition problems in his little math workbook - the one I picked up in the Dollar Spot at Target.  Haha, whatever works.  =)

Thursday evening I came down with a stomach bug (or food poisoning, still not sure which), and Preston soon followed my lead.  The both of us were a mess all nite long and into the morning.  So, Friday, there was definitely no 'school.'  I am soooo thankful that Michael and Callen stayed clean, whew!  Preston and I were fully recovered by Saturday morning!  It's been a while since I've had to hurl that much, that hard... I certainly don't wanna do it again for a while, thanks.

No comments: