Hey, It's Jade! and family

Friday, August 19, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal, August 19th

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: Summer Edition, a link-up with The Homeschool Chick.

In my life this week...
- I recently posted about the intense heat and how I couldn't complain too much because our A/C works.  Well, Sunday... it didn't.  We were out nearly all day on Sunday and came home to it being 90-degrees inside our house at 9pm (it was also 90-degrees outside at the time!).  We quickly packed our bags and headed back over to the in-law's house to spend the nite.  There's NO way we could have slept in that.  Just the time we were there packing our bags, the kids' faces were flushed and everyone was a sweaty mess.  Thankfully the repair guys were out the next afternoon and it was an easy fix.  And thank the Lord we have a service agreement with them and it was all totally FREE!  Praise Jesus!  So we are back to "cool" here in the house.  Whew. 

My favorite thing this week...
- On Wednesday, I woke the boys up and we ran out of the house and down to the park.  It was cloudy and cool (y'know, like 85-degrees) and I wasn't about to miss an opportunity to get outside for a bit.  The minute the sun started peeking through the clouds, we ran back home!

I'm praying for...
- One of those opportunities I mentioned a few weeks ago to come to fruition.  I really want my husband to NOT have to drive pizza anymore.  Pretty please?  I don't wanna give too much information, but there is a chance of something else he can do for a 2nd job and it would be great if it worked out!  And I'm praying for more opportunities with my book business!

I'm grateful for...
- A mom who is willing to come babysit two rambunctious boys for many hours several times in a row AND let me borrow her car so I can go make some extra money!

People we're seeing...
- I am looking forward to this weekend because I will be very busy with my Usborne business, but also getting to do it with friends!!!  I'm doing a vendor fair Friday morning with my sponsor, Holly.  Setting up at my church's women's breakfast on Saturday morning and then Saturday afternoon doing a jam-making-and-book-party-thing with my buddy Candi!  Hoping these are successful events and lead to more successful events!

A video to share...


----------

P.S. While you're here, do you mind "liking" my Usborne FB Page?  Thank you!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

your boys are so adorable- I'm a mama of 3 of them myself- glad you have some help! (I'm currently chasing 6 little guys around- I AM the help around here! :)

new follower- I'll like your fb page - I'm at http://www.facebook.com/AdventurezinChildRearing
as well as the google link! thank - look forward to blogging with ya~

Anonymous said...

I SO do not miss the heat in TX! In fact it was 65 this morning back in Oregon and I was freezing cold. I guess it will take a while to get used to cooler temps. You and your husband are in my prayers:)

Unknown said...

Oh, my! We reached 87 INSIDE the house this summer for a couple of days and it was miserable! Since Maine doesn't have many super warm days we don't have AC, just some fans. Your AC is like our heating furnace - gotta have it! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following!

Mama Bird said...

The heat sucks, we do not have air so on hot days our house in 90 in the evenings but I live in the north so it's only like that for a few weeks. Glad it's all fixed now.

Jen said...

thanks for visting my blog

hope your plans come to be

Michelle Freiberger-Brown said...

We've had a few days of relief from the heat, but the humidity has returned and going outside is like being licked by a huge, slobbering dog! Glad that the air gets fixed for free. I love it when God sends us little blessings!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading your posts!