Hey, It's Jade! and family

Friday, August 5, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal, August 5th

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: Summer Edition, a link-up with The Homeschool Chick.

In my life this week...
- The heat has been intense in this part of the world. We've had a few 110-degree days this week and have been over 100 for more than 30 days in a row now.  It's stifling and makes me depressed.  We got out and played at sunrise one day this week and after dark a few times, but there's just nothing you can do to escape it. The kids are bouncing off the walls with energy and I'm not doing a good job of giving them ways to express it.  We are going about our daily business with as many lights off as possible, all of the curtains pulled tight, fans blowing, A/C unit doing it's best to keep up with the heat index.  I know that I can't complain too much, because our system WORKS, and I am not out in the heat doing manual labor or even having to drive around doing errands much.  But still... this Summer can not end soon enough for me! 

My favorite thing this week...
- On Monday, we had several rounds of exciting news come about.  Not sure how (or if) they'll pan out, but it's nice to have something to look forward to as a possibility.  I know that the Lord has great things in store for us, and catching little glimpses of those things are always wonderful!  Thank You, Jesus!

I'm praying for...
- Patience.  Being cooped up in the house with rowdy boys does a number on my nerves and often makes me a bit of a grumpy mama.  I want to be more easy-going, able to handle it better!

I'm grateful for...
- A Savior that forgives me and continues to love me no matter how many times I fail or doubt.

People we're seeing...
- My friend Melissa came over and brought her adorable daughter, Mila.  The boys had a blast playing with her.  It was nice to have some company and for the boys to have someone else to focus on, instead of driving each other (and me) crazy!
Playing together!
----------

P.S. While you're here, do you mind "liking" my Usborne FB Page?  Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ugh! I can totally relate to the heat. We have had two weeks now of temps between 100-106. It is horrible. And patience? Ha! What's that!

I hope your business is going well, I have been praying for you :)

Unknown said...

By the way we hit all all time record high here in OKC last week with 115 degrees. This heat is just crazy. We are going to break our streak of days over 100 this year too I just know it. :-P Looking forward to fall....not winter but fall. 8-D