Hey, It's Jade! and family

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Weight Shedding Challenge, Post 4 (of 12)

I have joined up with some other ladies at The Homeschool Lounge in this Summer weight-loss challenge. I have found that when I have a specific challenge or a real goal and someone to be accountable to, I can do much better! My goal is to lose around 25 pounds.  The challenge lasts 12 weeks, ending on October 7th.

Uhhhhh.  I suck.  Lol.  I don't know if it's me or my scale.  My husband and I have speculated for years now that our scale is wrong... or at least dumb.  I know, I know... suuuurrrre, blame the scale.  It's frustrating.  Either the scale went nuts (which is possible because my son was playing with it the other day), ORRRRR, my body is crazy.  I weighed myself on Friday morning and it showed I was up four pounds.  FOUR?!  What the hey?  This morning, though, it showed I was up to my original starting place for this challenge.  I choose to believe this morning's reading because... it's not as bad, of course!  But I have to admit that I have not been active.  I keep saying I want to be, but I just don't do it.  Besides chasing down my kids through the house and going back and forth with laundry or picking up toys... I am not up to much.  I have the (convenient) excuse of it being 112 degrees outside - I mean, what can I do about that?  I could get the kids up early, try to figure out a way to walk with them to get exercise, but honestly... that does not seem likely.  Preston cannot keep up, gets tired 5-minutes in, can't ride his bike very well... his options are strictly limited.  I can't put them both in the stroller.  My hands are tied.  Yes, convenient excuses... I know.  I obviously don't want to lose weight as bad as I say I do.  Perhaps I should just wait until Fall to really put some effort into it.  Or I could just stop shoving food into my mouth now.  Hmm...

My goal this week is: Stop shoving food into my mouth without thinking.

The great thing about being on WW was that I had to think about and record every single thing I ate.  That really puts things into perspective, and you start going "I don't want to admit to eating this, so I'm not going to!"  I guess I should start recording my food intake and it'd challenge me to make better choices. 


7/15 - 24 pounds to go
7/22 - 23 pounds to go
7/29 - 23 pounds to go
8/05 - 24 pounds to go

Previous Summer Weight Shedding Challenge post can be found here.

No comments: