Hey, It's Jade! and family

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Homeschool Swap: July-August '11

The Homeschool Post does a Homeschool Swap every couple of months.  It's a pretty simple idea, send a fellow homeschool mom some goodies, she sends some to you and in the mean time you get to know each a little better, send each other encouraging emails or whatever.  You get paired up based on a survey you fill out, and the peeps over at The Post try to match you up as best they can.  They did a swell job this time around, as my partner Becky and I had a lot in common!  I was excited as I read over her answers and compared them to my own.  Now, there were many differences, as in ... she lives in Canada, I'm in Texas; she has 7 kids, I have 2.  But, the commonalities were great: we're both going to be using MFW curriculum this year with our kids, we both love cows, we both are mainly t-shirt and jeans girls, and we both love Jesus!

I had a blast picking out things for Becky and her crew.  I really hope she likes them!  Here's a picture of what I sent her:
It included: an adorable owl pencil pouch, mini dry-earse makers, notepads, Texas Turtle Coffee, lip balm and some little goodies for her kiddos.

I received my package from Canada and got all giddy just opening it.  Haha.  Ok, well, you know how much I love receiving stuff in the mail already!  Here's what she sent me!
Love all the stamps on there!
Oooh, what's in here?!?

It included: candles, lip balm, candy, gum, hair clips, mini dry-erase markers, Canada napkins and a keychain, notecards and tiny nailfiles.  So fun!!!

Thank you, Becky, for the wonderful goodies!!!  Everything was just perfect.  It's been a pleasure getting to know you, and I can't wait to compare notes on our MFW experiences!!!

Looking forward to the next Homeschool Swap, coming up in September!

3 comments:

Chestnut Grove Academy said...

how neat! I'll have to see about participating next time around :D I love to get pkgs :D

Jill said...

Oh Canada! Love the maple leaf stuff. :)

Sandpiper said...

Glad you enjoyed it!!