Hey, It's Jade! and family

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Walk to Cure Diabetes...

My family and I will be walking in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes on Saturday, September 24th.  Why?
Because of this little girl.
Meet Elise.  Isn't she gorgeous?  She's a precious 4-yr-old girl who has Type I Diabetes.  We have known her since she was born, as her parents are dear friends of ours.  Fred and Jo are absolutely amazing.  They always have been, of course, but especially ever since the big D-word was brought into their life, when Elise was diagnosed right in the middle of her FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!  They are practically superheroes, as are all mothers and fathers who care for children with a disease.  Especially one that requires so much constant attention.  I am constantly in awe of this family!

Type II Diabetes runs in my family.  My mother has it, and is able to control it with medicine and diet.  I know that makes me a target as well.

I pray that somehow, some way there will be a cure for Diabetes in the future.  My family is supporting this organization in an effort to help make that possible!  Won't you join us?  It's too late to join the official Team Elise walkers for this year, but it's not too late to donate to our cause.  Please make a donation in our name (Jade, Michael, Preston or Callen Clark) for Team Elise.

Click here to read more about sweet Elise and how you can help!  Thank you!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Awwww Jade... thanks for such encouraging, uplifting words. We are so blessed to have you guys as friends! And thank you so much for walking with Team Elise, it really does mean a lot to us that you guys will be there.

And for the record, I DO think she is gorgeous... but I may be a bit biased!