Hey, It's Jade! and family

Monday, October 10, 2011

Taco Chili Recipe...

Weather like this (cool, dreary, drizzly) deserves some Fall foods!  Last week I got a little anxious and went ahead and made one of my new Fall favorites called Taco Soup (or Chili, as it's kind of more like chili than soup, at least the way I make it) even though it was still a bit warm outside.  I actually got this recipe from a friend of mine last year that made it for us on her ranch.  It's super easy and SUPER delicious!

Here's what you need...
ingredients!
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 can of Rotel
  • 1 can of Golden Hominy
  • 1 can of Ranch Style Beans
  • 1 envelope of Taco Seasoning*
  • 1 envelope of Ranch Dressing mix

Brown and drain the ground beef first, then stir that and everything else together in a crock pot.  You literally just open and dump all of the ingredients together in the crock pot, set for a while and you have a delicious meal.  I usually set it for about 6 hours so it's nice and cooked together.  Then we top with sour cream, and sometimes avocado, and eat with chips.  See?  Super easy, super hearty and wonderfully delicious for Fall!

If you want the chili to have a real kick to it, try using Ranch Style Beans with Jalapenos and for an extra burst of flavor try the variety of Rotel that has Lime & Cilantro.  Mmm!

* I'm a BzzAgent, and was sent several products from Lawry's to try.  This was my first time to try their Taco Seasoning, and it was perfect for this recipe.  My kids eat this stuff, so I try not to use the extra spicy stuff (ie. not using the jalapeno version of Ranch Style Beans even though I WANT to), and the Lawry's Taco Seasoning has a great taco flavor, but isn't too spicy for the kiddos! They LOVED it!  Lawry's does have a HOT Taco Seasoning if you do wanna give this chili a try with a SERIOUS SPICE to it!

No comments: