Hey, It's Jade! and family

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year Goals...

There are two things that stick out in my mind that I'd like to work on as I start this New Year.  

One is losing weight.  Yeah, I know... cliche.  But, Michael and I are starting to talk about Baby #3 and I'd like to lose some weight before getting pregnant.  That's what motivated me last time... I dropped 75 pounds(!) before becoming pregnant with Callen.  Thankfully, I don't need to lose that much weight again... but I certainly need to lose quite a bit again.  Michael and I are going to try to stick close to the Weight Watchers diet and points system.  That's what worked for me last time, so here's hoping!

The second thing I'd like to work on this year is being more patient and gentle towards my boys (all of them!).  I blow up and lose my temper way too easily with them much too often.  They seem to know how to push just the right set of buttons to set me off.  But I don't want my sons to think back on their childhood, remembering Mom as being "mean."  There are ways to keep them in line with out yelling, scolding, etc.  And I need to hold my tongue more often against my husband!

So, no resolutions... just a few goals to throw out there and work on to better myself in 2012.  What are your 2012 goals?

No comments: