Hey, It's Jade! and family

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tomorrow, We Start Again...

My sweet ones!
Tomorrow is our first day back to school for the 2012-2013 school year. Preston will be in Second Grade. Callen is a preschooler. I am excited about our new beginning, and am praying for that excitement to be continuous, for me AND the kids, throughout our entire year together. 

I get so wrapped up in school prep, all these brilliant ideas to try to incorporate (or, often, cram in!), and how things play out in my head... and then I sit down with the boys and they are grumpy, they don't find it as fascinating as I do, or we just hit a rough patch... all bets are off. I lose my cool, I misplace my motivation, I am disappointed in them and myself. But as long as God's mercies are new every morning, so, too, must my homeschool mom's heart refresh and reload each morning.  Mama Hall offered this free printable prayer on her blog last year . I have it printed and framed up on the top of my hutch in the kitchen-classroom. It is a great reminder to read on a regular basis. 

I want to enjoy my children at this age, not merely survive against them. I want to be a gentle, peaceful mother-teacher, who is given respect and authority. I want our "school" to be fun and exciting, where my boys learn about Jesus, life, values, history, math and all of those important lessons. But my main prayer is that my sons will look back at being homeschooled and be appreciative of the experience. 

My crazy-headed ones!
Here's to a new start!

6 comments:

{LyndsD} said...

Happy First Day of School!!!! Such a beautiful post. My heart longs and sings these very same words as we start our new year very soon as well. I am praying right along side of you and for you as you embark on a new year. {{{{{HUGS}}}} dear friend. I can't wait to hear how the first day goes. :) Blessings.

Unknown said...

Love this post! I have all these very same feelings! Happy first day, hopefully we can be those mothers/teachers we long to be!

Michelle said...

I hope today went well! We start in a few weeks so I will enjoy seeing what you post on for ideas! :)

Anonymous said...

yay! they look so happy :) love the lil' grade signs and pics, good job girl!

Tamara @{School}Days Gone By said...

How cute! That 2nd picture cracks me up :) Looks like you're off to a great start. So glad you linked up with the first day pics linky on my blog! You can come by and grab the button too! http://www.schooldaysgoneby.com/2012/07/picture-it-first-day-back-to-school.html

kewkew said...

Well, you started back a while ago. I have thought about starting earlier, but with a baby even starting now has been stressful. I am just stopping by from the Picture It First Day of School Linky.
You have 2 handsome crazy little guys there. I was going to say I love the second picture, but after looking back, I think both shots are just so precious, so I don't want to focus on just one.
Thank you so much for sharing about the printable, I especially needed that today.
Would love if you could stop by and share at my Back to School Traditions linky. It is a tad lonely:
http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2012/08/back-to-school-traditions.html
Blessings