Hey, It's Jade! and family

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Prestonism on Hiding From Saints...

Preston came to me with his little toy cell phone and pushed some of the numbers to make a tune.

Preston: What tune is this?

Me: Sounds just like "Oh, When The Saints..."

Preston: Yeah, that's it!  How does the rest go?

Me: "Oh, when the saints, go marching in, oh when the saints go marching in.  Lord, I want to be in that number, when the saints..."

Preston: CUPBOARD!

Me: ... huh?

Preston: I want to be in the cupboard!  You know, when the saints come in.

Me: Why would I want to be in the cupboard?  I'm pretty sure it's 'number.'

Preston: No, it's cupboard.  I want to hide in the cupboard when Santa... Saint Nicolas comes in.  And the other saints are really elves.

Me:  Oh, um... yeah, I don't think that's what the song is about...

No comments: