Hey, It's Jade! and family

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, One Year Old!

Yesterday we started off the celebration of Callen's First Birthday with breakfast of French Toast Sticks, which he LOVED!
Yay, breakfast!
We upgraded our internet to fiber optics, and they threw in free cable for the month, so the AT&T man was here most of the morning wiring everything. 
I'm the birthday boy!
Loving some books!
When Michael got home we let Callen open up a present from us, a present from Preston and the present Great Grandma Syers sent him.
Picnic basket!
Yay, a boooook!
Then we picked up some pizza and had dinner with my mom.  Callen loved the bits of breadsticks and cheese I gave him.  He got to open a gift from my mom, a cute Lion Walker/Ride-On toy.  So fun!
Fun wrapping!
Weeeee!
Then we went to Braums for birthday icecream!  We got Birthday Cake icecream, which was blue and he LOVED it!  Yum, yum!



It was quite a day! We received a huge blessing in the mail, completely took us by surprise. God is so amazing! Then, just after that shock, I jumped up off the couch to grab Callen from getting something in the kitchen... only my toe got hung up in my pant leg, and down I went. Full force on both knees, soooo hard! Both knees instantly bruised dark blue and became swollen. Geez, such a klutz! They are still a mess, and huuurt!

----
Callen had his 1-year check up at the pediatrician on Tuesday, March 15th.  He is 19.4lbs and 29" long.  Dang, I thought for sure he was over 20-pounds!  He jumped down to the 5th Percentile.  Which doesn't mean anything, of course, other than that he's a very active boy so he's thinning out a bit.  Anyway, everything else looked fine, and even though he had to get 3 shots... he was a very good boy at the doctor!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Love the pictures!

Sorry you fell! Please let me know if you need any help getting ready for tomorrow. I'd be happy to help!

katie said...

Happy birthday little guy! (Poor mommy though. Getting your toe caught in your pant leg and falling HURTSSSSSSS.)

Your pictures are so adorable and I hope you enjoyed your day! *hug*

kewkew said...

Hi, I just found your blog over at Mama to 4 Blessings Baby Blessings Blog Hop. Your little guy is so cute. Happy birthday to him. My daughter received that picnic basket toy for Christmas. And Hannah also loves that activity cube I see in the background of a couple of your pictures.
So sorry to hear about your fall. I'll keep you in my prayers. I know how hard it is to hurt yourself and try to keep up with little ones. I hurt my foot somehow several weeks ago and it is just now feeling better.
Sounds like he had a great birthday.
I am now following your blog.
You have some great ideas. How old is your older boy? We are also homeschooling. My older daughter is 4 and my middle daughter is 2 1/2.
Blessings

Mama to 5 said...

Happy Birthday! So cute! Thank you for linking up to my Baby Blessings Blog Hop! :)
Nicole