Hey, It's Jade! and family

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Photo Prompt Challenge, #17: Named

Are you named after anyone?

No.

Wow, that made for a short blog post!

Ok, actually... I had to call my mom to confirm exactly where my name came from.  I knew that she just always like the name "Jade" and was determined to name her daughter that.  It's a good thing I came out a girl! But I wasn't completely sure where the "Marie" came from.  Imagine that!  Thirty-years-old and I didn't even know if there was a story behind my middle name!  Apparently my Grandma Linda (my mom's mom, otherwise known as "GML") picked it... she thought it sounded good with "Jade."  That's actually pretty funny because she always called me "Jade Mary."  Why did she pick "Marie" if she was gonna call me "Mary" anyway.  :::shrug:::  That was just GML, I guess.  Knowing this now, I wish she was around so I could ask her.  =(

Me and GML, 1981-ish

No comments: