Hey, It's Jade! and family

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Weight Shedding Challenge, Post 1 (of 12)

I am joining up with some other ladies at The Homeschool Lounge in this Summer weight-loss challenge. I have found that when I have a specific challenge or a real goal and someone to be accountable to, I can do much better!  So, here's hoping!

My goal is to lose around 25 pounds.  The challenge lasts 12 weeks, ending on October 7th.  It's Summer and we aren't going to be able to get out and walk, and I don't have the ability to make it to a gym.  Losing 2 pounds a week is going to be extremely difficult.  But, as long as I see SOME progress, honestly, I'll be happy with myself.  My main problems are portion control and binge snacking!  So, I must curb those things to get control of my weight.

I have had a very successful weight-loss experience in the past.  After seeing a horrific picture of myself and realizing how out of control my weight had become, I signed up with Weight Watchers on March 31, 2008.  On April 9, 2009, I met my goal, having lost 75 pounds!  Honestly, it was a lot easier than I ever thought possible.  I walked my neighborhood and I controlled my portion sizes.  That's really all it took.  My motivation was that I had to lose weight so I could get pregnant again - I didn't want to add baby weight onto my current weight.  It worked!  Two months after I hit my goal weight, I got pregnant with Callen!  Now, we're not ready for another child just yet, but it would be nice to be rid of this extra weight and be back down to my goal weight (the same one I had with WW).  That way when we ARE ready for another kiddo, my body will be ready as well!

So, let's see what happens over the next 12 weeks!

7/15 - 24 pounds to go

1 comment:

Jill said...

You can do it! Let me know if you need some assistance in the way of ideas, a sitter, etc.